S12 Studio and Gallery in Bergen, Norway, is looking for a Workshop Manager (alternatively a team of two persons), to join its forces on a permanent basis starting April 1st and no later than June 1st 2023. A two year employment with the possibility of an extension can also be considered.
What is S12?
S12 is an open access studio and gallery – a resource center specialising in work with glass in art and design. We welcome in particular those who like to experiment with glass in all its diversity, explore its boundaries and work with it in combination with other materials. Our workshop facilities reflect this, with a diversity of tools and equipment that allow for experimentation across different disciplines ranging from blowing, casting, moldmaking, coldworking, flameworking and digital manufacturing processes.
It is important for us to serve the local community as well as being a safe haven for artists from all over the world. As a non-profit we do not emphasise production, but prefer to center our program around ways in which we can serve as a facility to advance the field of glass through experimentation, education, and by promoting its diversity to a wide audience. In order to do this we have a small gallery space with an exhibition program that emphasizes installation based and sculptural work that incorporates glass or shows glass in a new light.
We offer courses for children, young adults and their families as well as advanced courses for artists and designers. We collaborate with art and design students, do commission work and last but not least offer a project based residency program for artists from different disciplines with and without previous experience from working with glass.
The workshop manager’s core duties are to manage activities that take place in the workshop, assist artists, instruct kids and adults, and keep the equipment in good working order.
We are looking for a person that has a keen interest in becoming part of our team, believes in our core values and would enjoy developing S12’s vision further together with us.
See more about the people behind S12 here
More information about our activities and a list of equipment here
S12 is committed to equal opportunity, inclusion and diversity.
Hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications and S12’s needs.
For a detailed description of the position please download the PDF WorkshopManager23
- Deadline for application is February 1st 2023. We will start processing applications as we receive them.
- Position will be open until filled.
- Please email 1 pdf, containing a covering letter stating your interest and qualifications for the position, your CV, photos of work and/or link to a webpage.
- Please provide a list of referees.
- Send your application to: proposal (at) s12.no marked: Workshop Manager.
- Candidates must be prepared to participate in interviews on Zoom, and possibly come to Bergen for an interview.
- Questions about the position should be addressed to Bergljot Jonsdottir at proposal (at) s12.no